I think there are different kinds of cloudy days, too. I mean, the ones that get me down are the ones where everything's just the same shade of gray. The ones where Mother Nature has no intention of actually precipitating, just of being gloomy. Then there are the thunderstormy cloudy days. You know what I'm talking about. The ones where you walk outside and look up at those huge, dark, menacing clouds and realize that the sky's probably going to open up aaaany second. There's something really mesmerizing and beautiful about the intimidation and anticipation surrounding those clouds, I think.
Anyway. Back to rainy days. I was walking from my car to the office this morning kind of bouncing from puddle to puddle with my flowery umbrella and lime green boots, and I realized I was just in a really splendid mood. Not to mention that, if you ask me, it's an incredibly spiritual something to look up and just let the rain drops hit your face.
Granted, I love a sunny day in the park as much as the next girl. But every now and then a day like today is kind of nice, so long as you've got a dry place to go at the end of it.
Love,
Allison.
move to london, i'll introduce you to a whole new world of gloomy skies :) xxx
ReplyDelete-rooms